This week has been a bit up and down, and very very busy. I had a really lovely time at the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show on Monday and enjoyed staying in a hotel by myself the night before, as well as having dinner with my friend Maria. Then after that I was so freaking knackered but still couldn’t sleep, so felt very rough and was struggling to function by Wednesday. Yesterday Ava and I took a day trip to London again for a great event with Tefal, and then today will most certainly be a tough one.
I thought I would bring together a few things I am enjoying or loving right now…
10 things I’m loving right now
- Tea. All the tea, all the time. It’s keeping me going at the moment.
- Peckish Rice Crackers* – I was sent some of these in a few different flavours to try, and we really like them! They are baked rather than fried, and a really thin, light rice cracker, and they are really nice and crispy. I really like that they come in quite small bags as I then feel ok about giving them to Ava, and she absolutely loves them and has asked me to buy more. Some of them aren’t the strongest of flavours, but I loved the Salt and Vinegar flavour and the cheese ones. They are also gluten-free, low-sugar and have less than 90 calories per portion, which is great.
- London baby – I’ve said it before, but until I started going to blogging events around eight months ago, I had literally been to London about four times in my life. Now I’ve been about three times that amount, and I really love it. I’m now comfortable on the tube (thanks to the CityMapper app and my friend Kip) and I just love the atmosphere and how varied the different areas are. Ava loves it too and she was dead excited to be going again with me. Ava and I have tackled London and everything that brings (her being terrified of stepping on to an escalator was fun!) together, and it was a huge relief to have done that and succeeded too.
- Nice crusty bread – I always eat bread, but recently I have lost all interest in a sandwich for lunch, but I love some lovely crusty bread sliced with just some butter or a bit of ham on. Mmmm.
- Deciem HIF Volume Support Cleansing Conditoner* – I have written about a few products from Hylamide from the brand Deciem before and after I did that they very kindly sent me some really amazing products from a few of their different brands, and I loved this hair product so much. One of the reasons I massively loved it is that it is just one product that does the job of a shampoo and a conditioner – which saves time, but it is better for your hair than a S&C, and than a 2in1. My hair felt so lovely every day after using it, and I really really loved it. I’m really sad to have now ran out, especially because it’s really expensive! If I could easily afford it though I would definitely use it all the time.
“In one simple, gentle step, HIF deep cleanses with cleansing fractions instead of common detergents while a long list of conditioning technologies, exotic oils, hyaluronic acid and precious rock extracts leave the hair in prime condition.”
- Working with brands – Sometimes I think about some of the brands I’ve worked with because of this blog and think how amazing and crazy it is that I’ve got to work with them, and the opportunities that we’ve had because of it. I spent Monday in London at the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show with Zoflora alongside a couple of lovely bloggers, really nice PR’s and the really lovely Lucy-Jo Hudson. I spent a Monday morning leaving my hotel, putting a pretty dress on, and spending a few hours in the sunshine surrounded by flowers, and lovely people (I’ve realised recently I say lovely far. too. much. but I can’t help it). I feel pretty lucky right now.
- Food. I can’t stop eating at the moment. I can never really stop eating, but recently I just want to eat crap all the time. I want burgers, chips, crisps, biscuits; all the stuff that is obviously so bad for me to eat regularly, and I just can’t be arsed to exercise or make a single smoothie. I think I exercised consistently for so long that I’ve been lucky that I have managed to keep some tone, and not put on too much weight, but I can see a difference and I need to stop it now, before I feel really crap about myself. Anyway, I love food.
- Friends. The one’s that are always there, of which I’m very lucky to say there are quite a few. I love you.
- My family. My uncle, who I very sadly lost recently. I still can’t really believe it. The title of this post seems too lighthearted to talk about this, but I wanted to say something. Losing someone who you have known for your entire life feels really weird and hard to believe. I’m so sad, and especially for my amazing Aunty. I want to help, but I don’t think I can really. Life is so hard sometimes.
- Having a tan. Back to the lighthearted, irrelevant shit. I just look, and therefore feel SO much better with a tan. I had what everyone called ‘olive’ skin when I was younger, so I think I am meant to be tanned, but I don’t generally have that skin tone anymore which sucks.
What have you been loving recently?? Let me know!