I have come back from a lovely extended summer in Spain and Portugal to rather chilly autumnal weather, and I am having to find and dig out our winter clothes fast. It has got me thinking about my winter wardrobe, and lusting after my favourite websites’ latest offerings. Towards the end of our trip I bought a few thin knit jumpers from H&M and Zara, that I love and I saved a good few pounds buying them abroad. I think I am probably all set this year with my new season clothes, but that doesn’t mean that I can help having a browse to see what new styles are around and which I want to partake in.
The beginning of Autumn always feels lovely and exciting; thinking about wrapping up in cosy coats and scarves and braving the chilly outside whilst stepping on crunchy leaves in a brand new pair of stylish winter boots. I love looking at the new seasons clothes and thinking about what I will be wearing.
Here are a few of my current favourites:
- I love this Starsky cardigan from Topshop. I love big, thick cardy’s like this for being able to throw over pretty much any outfit like a kind of coat. Perfect for the school run when I don’t fancy wearing a big bulky coat.
- Topshop jeans are my favourite – I love the Leighs and the Jamies. I already have a couple of pairs of ripped jeans, but they are slightly too big for me now, and I really want some black ones.
- Grey is a staple colour in my wardrobe for winter and I really like the length and style of this cardigan. Again it would be great to throw over an outfit when you are nipping out. It looks so cosy and would be great to throw on at home with a t-shirt and pair of leggings (a bit expensive just for homewear though).
- I don’t need an umbrella. I really don’t. I don’t even use one that often, but I love love love this cool cloud-print umbrella from Topshop.
- I love these boots from Aldo at ASOS. Every year I seem to get new boots and think I’ll be sorted for the next year, and then I always end up finding some that I love and spend too much time lusting after. I love the colour of these, and the slight heel, and I think they would be quite easy to wear.
- I seem to be drawn to cream and white jumpers this year, and I really like this ribbed knit one. It looks so cosy and comfortable. I do have to be careful with funnel and roll necks though because even though I love them, I find that having decent sized boobs means that they can make me look quite big on my top half.
- This grey tassel bag would be great to throw over your shoulder and make a plain outfit a bit more interesting.
- I love clothes that you can pretty much just throw on with a pair of shoes and just go, and I think this black Topshop dress is one of those pieces. I picture it with bare legs and knee-high boots for effortless style, but in reality you’d proabably need tights with it for most of our winter. I flipping hate tights though.
- Checked shirts are always something that I want, and I really like this blue one from Topshop. I have got rid of a couple of checked shirts that I owned recently, as they didn’t fit me how I wanted them to, so there is probably room in my wardrobe for another one… (there’s no room whatsoever – it’s completely and utterly overflowing!)
Which is your favourite item? Do you lust after cosy knits in winter like I do? What would be on your autumn style wishlist?