It’s finally the Easter holidays! And even though I’m going to have very little time to get any work done I’m really looking forward to doing some fun things with Ava. Last half term we had lots of fun stuff planned and then she was poorly, so we didn’t get to do any of it. So hopefully we’ll be more successful this time!
Here are five things that I’m happy about right now:
- Ava and I are going to London for a blogging event tomorrow! I’m both terrified and excited in equal measure. We only took her to London and on the train for the first time a few weeks ago, so it’s very scary now taking her on my own – she wasn’t the easiest when there were two of us. But I’m hoping if I bribe her with enough chocolate and (mild) threats, she’ll actually do as I ask and not whinge the whole time. And the iPad is 100% going in my handbag. I actually only found out we were going today, so it’s all a bit scary and rushed, but I’m glad I’m making myself do it.
- I’m also going to be taking Ava swimming this week which she’s really excited about. We haven’t been for ages. I really should take her more, and I’ve also been wondering if she’d like swimming lessons, which would be very cute to see. I’m looking forward to it too, although god knows where my bikini or swimming costume are!
- We’re going to the family’s house in Whitby at the end of the month for a few nights which I’m looking forward to, although I wish it was a bit sooner. I feel like my head has been so full recently and I could really do with that wonderful sea air and lots of time outside, away from the the internet, and emails and social media. Hopefully it won’t be tooo cold by then (it will).
- I’m feeling very grateful for good friends right now. People who are always around to have a chat with, make me laugh and make me a happy bunny.
- Babies. Well, babies make me both a bit unhappy and really happy at the moment! I’m broody as hell and I want my own newborn in my arms, but I can’t have that at the moment. BUT! I’ve had some lovely snuggles recently with two friends’ gorgeous babies, one boy and one girl, and I love spending time with them, and I’m excited to watch them grow up and see them playing with Ava in a year or two.
Is there anything in particular making you happy right now?