Life is bloody hard. It can be challenging and devastating and sometimes nothing goes right. There are so many scary things going on in our world at the moment and it’s a scary place. At these times especially I think it can be especially important to remember all the little things that make life wonderful; the really simple every day things, that remind us that life is worth living and that there is still a lot of good in the world.
So I thought I would share a few little things that make life wonderful…
- Having some fresh flowers in the house – I absolutely love having some pretty flowers on my kitchen windowsill. They brighten up the room and make me happy.
- Hearing a child giggling – especially if it’s mine! Listening to a child so happy and carefree is just such a beautiful thing. I think kids are a great reminder to worry less and to try and live in the moment.
- Doing handstands and cartwheels in the grass – this might not be for everyone (!) but I love feeling the grass underneath my fingertips and feeling like a child again on a summer’s day. I dont play or laugh enough in everyday life, and messing about outside makes me feel so free and playful.
- Going for a walk through a country park with my loved ones, whilst watching my daughter run and play about. I love the fresh air and being surrounded by greenery.
- Giving my cat a snuggle.
- Feeling the rain hit your skin and not caring about it how stupid it will make your hair look (because you’re on your way home).
- Spending time chilling and chatting with good friends, particularly outdoors.
- Getting a great big cuddle from your child.
- The smell of fresh laundry.
- Crossing everything off your to-do list. Ahh, the dream.
- Seeing children playing happily together.
- Watching old people happy and in love – super cute and so inspiring.
What little things do you think make life wonderful?