When the sun comes out I start to dream of having a lovely garden, filled with mature plants and blooming flowers, a raised herb garden, a wide expanse of lawn for us to play together on and a garden path for our cats to wander down.
In reality our garden is small, certainly not perfectly formed, a bit of a mess, with mismatched fence panels and grass that is a bit (or a lot!) too long. It needs a lot of work doing to it to make it nice and we just don’t have the time to do it at the moment. It makes me a bit sad because walking out your back door and having a private place to sit in the sunshine and where your children can play safely is such a big part of a home and a lifestyle especially in the summer time.
I would love an amazing garden where we could have water fights, lounge in the sunshine, and invite our families over for barbeques. I would love to have a place where I could invite all of our friends and family over and we could have a garden party in my beautiful, well-maintained garden. The wonderful chargrilled smells would waft across the lawn as the boy skillfully mastered the barbecue (I couldn’t do it – we’ve been there before, and it had to be rescued), the children would frolic on the lawn (ah! what a dream!) and I would be sitting prettily on the grass in a flowing summery dress chatting animatedly to some of my closest friends (I’m really getting in to this!).
There would be cocktails, and lots of wine, and Prosecco of course and the sun would be blazing hot beating down on us. For those who wanted a bit of shade there would be a lovely gazebo to one side of my huge lawn with a couple of comfy sun loungers underneath. After the barbecue we would gorge on the cakes I had lovingly made, whilst the children played happily together.
After laying around on blankets on the grass and letting our food go down for a while, we would crack out some lawn games – Boules, quoits and maybe even limbo if we were feeling really energetic. As the evening cooled we would light some candles and lanterns all around the garden and take it in turns to doze in the hammock hanging from the huge tree. We would drink more beer and Prosecco and bask in the glow of a perfect afternoon together….
Now it’s your turn….
Argos and I would like you to imagine your perfect garden party. Take inspiration from Argos’ garden articles and create your very own garden party inspired Pinterest board.
How to enter:
1. Title the board ‘My Garden Party Inspiration‘.
2. Include the hashtag #ArgosGardenParty in your pin descriptions.
3. Share your board on Twitter using the hashtag #ArgosGardenParty.
4. In an email send a link of your entry Pin board to: email@example.com
You could win a brilliant bundle of garden goodies, including:
- Heart of house tea party cake dome
- Good Housekeeping tea cosy
- Outdoor lighting
- Gardening tools
I will be following the hashtag on Twitter and checking out your Pinterest boards to see what you come up with. I can’t wait to see them!
Competition(s) Terms and Conditions.
By participating in this prize draw you are deemed to accept these terms and conditions.
1. No purchase necessary.
2. Only one entry per person.
3. The competition is open to all UK residents, except employees of Home Retail Group.
4. The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. The promoter [Argos]
reserves the right to offer alternative items/activities of a greater or equivalent value
should unforeseen circumstances require it.
5. The competition runs from 9:00 AM 26th June 2015 to 11:59 24th July 2015 [the entry
6. Entries submitted before or after the entry period will not be eligible.
7. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
8. [NetBooster Ltd] will notify the winner by email within 7 [seven] days after the
competition closing date.
9. If the prize is not claimed within 28 days, we reserve the right to redraw.
10. The promoter reserves the right to (a) add to or waive any rules on reasonable notice
(b) reserve the right to alter, amend or foreclose the competition without prior notice.
11. At the end of the entry period, the promoter will consider all eligible entries and select
a winner based on criteria including creativity and quality. The Promoter’s decision is
final. No correspondence will be entered into.
12. Use of a false name or address will disqualify any applicant from receiving the prize.
13. Any entries attempted through the use of agencies or robotic, repetitive,
programmed, or similar methods will be void.
14. The winner may be required to participate in post-event publicity arranged by or on
behalf of the promoter.
15. Promoted by Argos Distributors Limited, 489-499 Avebury Boulevard, Saxon Gate
West, Milton Keynes, MK9 2NW.
Photo credits: Argos.
This is a collaborative post with Argos.
Competition listed on Prizefinder.com