We’ve had another crappy week of illness here. There has been very little sleep, a lot of coughing, one seriously stroppy toddler and a pretty stroppy mummy too. I haven’t had a cold this bad in a long time. I have felt awful for days and only started to feel slightly human again yesterday. Today I feel horrid again though. I think Ava is finally coming out the other side after many many days of wiping noses and trying to persuade her to have some yummy medicine. She has finally slept for a couple of nights after having a bit of Calpol before bed. I don’t like to give her medicine much but I think she really needed it this time.
I just can’t wait to get things back to normal again. I am behind with everything and it is so frustrating. I hate winter. I keep wondering why on earth I still live in this country when we get so little nice weather and I really need more of it to stay happy. If only it was a simple as ‘just’ moving abroad somewhere nice.
So! With all that whining it’s time for another happy list!
1. We have been discussing our ‘honeymoon with child’ lots and it is very exciting. I love the thought of going away for a few weeks with my little family and making those memories with Ava.
2. On Thursday our wedding will be only five months away! Scary? Yes, but very exciting. It just keeps seeming more and more real now. If I see a wedding on TV (Gavin and Stacey anyone?!) then I imagine that actually being me, which I never did before.
3. It is March soon(ish). Last year we had a really nice March; so nice we were in t-shirts outside so I am hoping the same will happen this year and we will be blessed with some lovely weather early on in the year. And if not at least we are one step closer to Spring.
4. I have been doing a (little) bit more cooking recently. I really want to get a few quick, healthy and tasty dishes down so that when we don’t have anything particular in I can rustle up something that we will all eat, for which we generally have all of the ingredients in the house already. So far I have made Deliciously Ella’s bean chilli which only takes about twenty minutes in toto but it needs a bit of tweaking to be as tasty as I’d like (I didn’t have the jalapeno pepper that is in the recipe) and Ava wouldn’t eat it at all but it is hard to know whether that is because she is being a fussy little bugger whilst she is poorly.
5. My little baby girl is looking and acting so grown up lately. We have some really funny conversations and I love chatting with her. She is still loving ballet and is starting tap dancing as well next week! It is only for fifteen minutes before her ballet class so it shouldn’t be too much for her.
6. Friends and Family: I’m just feeling very grateful for my lovely friends and family right now. Even though I haven’t seen many of them much recently I know I am lucky to have them, and I can’t wait to spend more time with them during the summer and celebrating with them at our wedding.
What’s making you happy this week?