I’m actually feeling quite happy this week. After a couple of weeks of illness and feeling a bit down, I’ve finally cheered up a bit, which is nice as I was sick of being a grumpy bum. I’m looking forward to the week ahead, and doing some fun things with Ava whilst it’s half term. It’d be great if we could finally shift the last bit of these colds though, and Ava could spend the night sleeping instead of coughing, so we could all get some sleep; the poor thing.
Here are five things that I’m feeling happy about at the moment!
- The weather has been much nicer (mostly) over the last few days! The sun has been out lots and there have been lovely blue skies. It feels like ages since there was sun streaming through the house, and it’s so bloody lovely. It cheers me up no end and I just feel so much more positive.
- We are hopefully going to be spending a few days in London next month. We won’t be having a proper holiday this year after having a month away last year, so it’s nice to be thinkng about going away for a couple of days. I’m a Merlin Ambassador this year, which is really exciting so we’re planning on doing a few of the attrcactions whilst we are there. Hopefully The London Eye, Madame Tussauds, Shrek’s Adventure and possibly London Dungeons, which should be so much fun! I’m so excited to start visiting these attractions, most of which I’ve never been to before.
- I will see my mum finally in March! I haven’t seen my mum since Christmas and I miss her so much! She probably won’t be back here until towards the end of March so I’ve still got a while to wait (*cries*), but at least it’s getting closer! Ava really misses her Granny and Grandad too and she can’t wait to see them (p.s HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM!!!).
- We will get to see one of my best friends’ new baby boy this week! She is one of my closest friends and my cousin and I still can’t really believe she’s had a baby! (I still picture us hiding under tables at parties and eating all the food together!) He is so gorgeous and I can’t wait to give them both a cuddle. I love thinking about our kids growing up and playing together when he is a bit older!
- We went to Ikea at the weekend (which is enough to be happy about in my opinion – I love Ikea and I love Hotdogs) – but we got some storage-y bits for our house which we have needed for so long and it means I can finally sort some bits out and the house can hopefully feel more organised. We just have so much *stuff* and I’m sick of it all and having nowhere to put it, so this excites me a lot. Plus we’re finally getting new wardrobes so I might actually be able to fit most of my clothes in there for once (probably not though).
Is there anything in particular making you happy this week?? I hope so!