I was tagged by my lovely friend Rachel from Coffee, Cake, Kids to do the ’20 facts about me’ post so I thought I would join in with mine, and share a little bit more about me!
I really struggled with this at first but then suddenly I thought of loads of (probably pretty boring) things to include, and was suddenly over – so I’m being awkward and sharing 23 facts you didn’t know about me!
- I used to have my tongue pierced. I gave up with it in the end because I kept swallowing the piercings.
- I only have one ovary.
- My Grandma was born in Peshawar, India and when I was little I thought I was a quarter Indian!
- I passed my driving test first time, rather surprisingly.
- That doesn’t mean that I can parallel park. I can’t.
- I am related to Steve Coogan (by marriage but whatevs).
- My middle name is Michelle.
- I have met more celebrities in the last two years than the rest of my entire life. These include: Jessica Ennis-Hill, Nadia Sawalha, Steve Coogan (for a second time), Julia Bradbury, Clare Balding, Paul Hollywood, Lucy-Jo Hudson. Blogging can be pretty cool.
- My Granny died twenty years ago next year, from cancer. We were really close and I still think about her and miss her every day. It would have been incredible to have her in my life as I’ve grown up.
- In 2007/2008 I spent five months travelling around the world with my boyfriend. I visited Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Cook Islands, Australia, New Zealand and LA, New York, and San Francisco.
- My favourite places were Vietnam (I REALLY want to go back), New Zealand and New York.
- I met my husband when I was 11.
- I have only ever lived in Nottingham and York, but I would love to live abroad indefinitely. I’ve also always wanted to live in New York for a year.
- When I was pregnant I was addicted to that rubbery-plastic smell. I would sit and sniff my exercise ball and I wanted to bite it (I may have done a little bit). I still love the smell now and inhale it when I get the chance.
- I can’t stand marzipan or dessicated coconut. The thought of either makes me heave. Despite knowing that everyone has different tastes, I honestly can’t comprehend how anyone can like them.
- After I passed my driving test at 18 I didn’t drive again (at all) for another five years.
- My first car was a £500 Vauxhall Corsa – it sometimes wouldn’t go into first gear, but it still passed its MOT.
- I couldn’t get into Breaking Bad. I feel like the only person in the world who didn’t love it. I gave up at the bath/ceiling/blood and gore scene.
- I have nine piercings.
- One of those is a Daith Piercing that I got to help with my terrible, very regular migraines. Now I hardly get any at all – usually only when I’m absolutely exhausted or hungover.
- I once auditioned for Hollyoaks.
- Paul Nicholls (as in Joe Wicks in Eastenders) is my one true love. I’m pretty sure my feelings for him will never change. He filmed ‘A Thing Called Love’ in Nottingham, and he was staying in the hotel above the bar where I worked (Ha! Ha! Bar and Canteen – that no longer exists) and people had seen him in the bar. I was sooo desperate for him to come in whilst I was there (and fall in love with me obvs).
- My first ever job was at Tesco on the bread and cakes department. I got really toned arms because I was constantly lifting heavy crates of bread up very high. I reckon I still have alright arms because of that time.
Tell me something I don’t know about you!