Yes, I know everybody and his dog, and the dog’s friends seem to be doing Christmas gift guides this year, but for the few people who read my blog and aren’t bloggers (hi mother-in-law and my friends!) they may not be sick of the sight of them, so this is especially for you ;)
I do think though that men are bloody hard to buy for. You could buy me clothes, jewellery, makeup, toiletries, chocolate, books, house stuff – etc etc, and I’d be happy (well, I would if they were nice!), but men just aren’t that easy.
So I thought I would do a Mens Christmas Gift Guide with a few different ideas. I know people spend such a varied amount on their families at Christmas so I’ve tried to suggest a few things in different price ranges.
- Dynamite Curry Paste Gift Pack £20 Not On The High Street – A nice practical gift in fun packaging. The set contains five x 55g jars: Korma, Tikka Masala, Balti, Madras and Vindaloo, and a recipe card for each one. It’s pretty good value for money too as each jar should make approximately 15 family meals.
- Aftershave £26.75 Boots – It’s always nice to receive a bottle of your favourite aftershave or perfume isn’t it? I think scents are a very personal thing and also smell different on everyone so I would stick with one that they already use and love.
- Cheese Tasting Box £20 Pong – Who wouldn’t want to receive cheese as a gift?! Silly people thats who. You can order cheese online from lots of places now and this gift set of four cheeses sounds lovely and is a decent price I think. if you know a cheese lover you could always make a nice little package of cheeses up yourself, and get more for your money, and also tailor it to what the receiver likes.
- Woven Grey Zig Zag Throw £25 Next – A throw would probably be expected to be a gift for a woman, but I bet a lot of men would love one to snuggle up with on cold winter nights. My husband is always wrapped up in mine. I like this one from Next that could make a lovely gift for a male.
- Leather Billfold Wallet in Black and Bordeaux £63.99 Estados – These wallets are made of lovely soft leather and should last a long time. They come in a really nice range of colours, and I think this black one with a bordeaux centre looks really good. You can even have them personalised if that is his kind of thing.
- Kindle Fire, 7″ Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB £49.99 Amazon – I think Kindle Fires are such brilliant prices now, and I’ve heard a lot of good things about them.
- Bodum 3 Cup Cafetiere £9.95 Amazon – Most men seem to love coffee don’t they, and I think these cafetieres are really cute and a good price. They come in a range of colours too. You could make it into a little gift set with some bags of fresh coffee and a coffee scoop.
- ‘Never Stop Exploring Map Print’ £13.95 Old English Company – I love the designs from the Old English Company, and this map print is really pretty. A nice idea for a partner if you enjoy travelling lots together.
- ‘Biscuit to my tea’ mug £9.95 Old English Company – There’s so many great designs of these mugs – I love the more girly sayings (and want to buy about five of them), but this would be good for your man.
- Personalised Pies £35 Timmys Pies at Not On The High Street – Who expects to get pies for Christmas?! You can get these at a couple of different prices, depending on the amount, size, and whether you choose personalised ones or not. The flavours all sound lovely and I think they make a really unusual present for a pie lover. We actually bought my step-dad some of these as a thank you gift for our wedding – they looked amazing, and I heard good things about them from him.
Do you find buying for men more difficult? Do you have any great, ususual gift ideas – let me know!