In this country we unfortunately don’t get to put away all of our jumpers and knitwear as the brighter days of Spring roll around. Even in the height of summer we still have chilly days and chillier evenings.
I love buying things that will last me through different seasons, and I often find that some of my jumpers, particularly the thinner knit one’s are perfect for layering up in the winter, and then throwing over a vest top in the summer. I really get a lot of wear out of those slouchy, thin-knit type of jumpers and cardigans, and I love them. Being England, the shops continue to stock women’s knitwear (like these at MandM Direct) into the spring; it just usually becomes a little lighter and more summery.
Knitwear to take you from Winter to Spring
- I love this boxy, ribbed sweatshirt with a slightly higher neck. It’s nice and smart for a sweatshirt and would be great for now and for those chilly evenings later in the year.
- Slouchy cardigans are great for throwing over other layers whilst staying stylish, and I really like longer one’s like this for snuggling up in when you get a bit nippy. I have quite a few like this and I’m wearing them loads at the moment, but keep on wearing the less heavy ones through into Spring too.
- The picture here doesn’t do this lovely jumper justice. I have seen it in real life, and it is exactly my kind of thing – slouchy and cool, and perfect for throwing over a black vest with some black skinny jeans, and a biker jacket over the top.
- I have this thin knit in (surprise, surprise) grey and I love it and wear it all the time. It’s so easy to just throw on and is so comfy, but still looks stylish and reasonably put-together. I’d love it in this bright colour too.
- I really want this grey (!) high-necked jumper too – it definitely looks better on, and the neck looks to be really flattering. I have to be careful with high-necks as having decent sized boobs with a higher neck can make me look a bit sack-of-potatoes-like, but I think this one is probably loose enough all over to be more flattering. And it’s thin enough to still be able to wear it in Spring.
- This jumper dress has a really nice low cut v neckline at the back, and again looks more flattering on (and less shapeless!). It would be great for wearing now with black tights and boots, and then on it’s own with some converse in a month or two.
Do you have any particular pieces that you wear all year round? Or do you completely pack each seasons clothes away and start afresh?
This is a collaborative post.