Well May has been hellish, that’s for sure. It’s certainly been one of the worst months of my life which I wasn’t expecting. I thought May was going to be the start of summer – sunnier and happier days, and looking forward to our holiday at the end – not so unfortunately!
I’m still struggling with it all to be honest, but I really don’t want to dwell. So seeing as June will start on a high with us being on holiday in Portugal I wanted to share some of my goals that I have for June, to help me to try and be, and stay, more positive even if everything’s looking a bit shitty right now. We have just over one week left in May, and I’ll be spending that doing as much work as I can, whilst tackling my mountain of ironing and packing my arse off, whilst plucking, fake tanning and waxing my heart out (not literally I hope). So I’m gonna keep busy this week and then start off June as positively as possible!
- Blog better. I feel like I’ve got into a bit of a funk with my blog recently. There’s so much I want to be doing with it and I have tons of posts I actually want to write but I’m not getting the time to get all of it done. I need and want to be much more organised and just sit down and write, write, write more and stop overthinking it all. I also need to get better again at promoting it, because, you know, this is my job and I need (and would like of course!) people to read it. I would like to get into a routine of things I do once a post has been published, and not just move onto the next thing immediately. And to do all this I think I need to put down my phone more and ignore it for a couple of hours.
- Live my life and enjoy it. I keep getting reminders that life is short, and I’m not doing anything about it. It’s not always that easy, especially when I’m tired, emotional, and run-down; but for fuck sake what’s the point if we’re not enjoying it? I want to feel like I’m living again and having a bloody good time doing it. I want to say ‘fuck it’ more.
- Keep on exercising and eating pretty well. Exercise is back in my life again, and even though I am still at that point of finding it really hard, I will work through it until it becomes just a part of my life again. I’ve toned up and lost a bit of weight already, but I want to get back to where I felt pretty good about myself and then maintain that. I’ve never had a problem with my weight before, and even though I’ve only been a little bigger, it has really affected my confidence and I haven’t felt like my body belongs to me. That’s going to change.
- Look forward to turning 33 in July. I’m forever hearing people complain about getting older, and whilst it can sometimes be a bit scary, I mostly bloody love it. I find it strangely exciting getting older, and all I can ever think is – what’s the alternative? I’d rather be turning 33 than dying thank you very much! I’m excited about my next birthday and spending it doing something fun with friends or family.
- Get more fresh air. I want to take my laptop or tablet, or even just my phone for a couple of hours and sit in a park somewhere and work. I need more fresh air in my life – I spend far too long indoors, sat on my arse and that needs to change.
I feel like I’m just a bit sick of myself lately – I know that’s not a very positive and uplifting thing to say, but it’s true. I’m bored of feeling low, bored of being pessimistic, and bored of feeling overwhelmed. It’s time for me to do something about it, and I know June can be better and I can feel happy again, and be the postive and fun person I know I can be.
What have you got planned for June? Any special goals to share?